Over 35 years ago, The Executive Director of the Minnesota Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Will Munger, and his then-10-year-old son decided to ride their bikes from Duluth, Minnesota to Minneapolis. The novice riders were unable to complete the 150-mile ride in one day and had to spend one night in Hinckley, about halfway between the two cities. When he and his son completed their ride and arrived in Minneapolis, Will thought that if he and his son could complete 150 miles in two days, others could too. Years later, in 1980, 200 cyclists duplicated Will’s original ride in the first Bike MS ride and raised over $30,000 for the Minnesota Chapter. Today, Bike MS is a series of 100 cycling events held across the country – at least one ride in every state. The rides vary in length – from as little as 3 miles in one day, to 250 miles over a five day period.
Beazer Homes is proud to stand behind Bruce Craig, Division President of Beazer Homes – Houston, and Troy Radelat, Division President of Beazer Homes – Dallas as they prepare for the BP MS 150 ride in April. The BP MS 150 is between 160 and 180 miles, and is the largest Bike MS event in the country with an average of 13,000 cyclists and 3,500 volunteers. This isn’t Bruce and Troy’s 1st rodeo! Troy has been a bike enthusiast since his teenage years, but has actively been riding for the past seven years. Bruce began riding during the summer of 2014. He participated in his first “organized” ride with Troy in August last year. They rode in the “Hotter’N Hell Hundred,” which takes place in Wichita Falls in northern Texas.
More about Bruce…
Bruce was initially drawn to the MS150 based on the lure of such a challenging, long-distance ride. “As I’ve learned more about MS and the many people that it impacts, I have been shocked to discover how debilitating and far reaching this disease truly is. As I have been trying to raise money, friends and co-workers have shared their stories with me about how this disease has impacted them in some way. For some it’s people in their family; for a couple of others, I’ve come to learn that they actually have MS. So it’s turned out to be a win-win. I get to ride a challenging distance with a good friend of mine (yep, Troy!), and raise money for a good cause at the same time.” If you would like to learn more about Bruce or support his efforts, we invite you to visit his page.
More about Troy…
Troy was similarly intrigued by the challenge of the event, with deeper ties and draws to the MS150. “First, I had some medical issues occur with a close member of my family that caused my wife and me to spend considerable time in the hospital. I was amazed at the dedication of the hospital staff including the nurses, doctors, staff, etc. It became clear to me that modern medicine and the people who have charged themselves with delivering it on a daily basis are nothing short of a miracle.
“The second and equally important thing that occurred by pure chance was that I met with an existing Beazer homeowner in the Dallas Fort Worth area to review some requests on their home that we are constructing for them. I learned that the customer has MS and we spent time talking about the disease and how it has affected his life. He has such a positive outlook about the reality of his situation that I was incredibly impressed and immediately knew that I wanted to do something to help.” If you would like to learn more about Troy or support his efforts, we invite you to visit his page.
We will be keeping up with Bruce and Troy on their journey to the BP MS150, therefore check back soon for an update and interesting insights about their training progress.
The Beazer Homes Welcome Home Sales Event has been extended in New Jersey! For a limited time take advantage of great savings on brand new homes. Also, now’s your chance to enter to win! Tell us on Facebook how much you think this Estate at Devonshire kitchen is and you could win.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Contest is for Facebook comments made on this New Jersey kitchen post between 2/18/15 and 2/25/15. Limit one entry per household. Prize consists of one $25 VISA gift card to closest guess. Winnings cannot be redeemed for cash. Beazer Homes reserves the right to substitute item of comparable value. Additional restrictions may apply. See a New Home Counselor for complete details. Prize will be mailed to the winner. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Looking for great deals to make your new house feel like home? As part of our Welcome Home Sales Event our partners at Thomasville® are offering 10% off your Thomasville furniture purchase of $1200 or more when you purchase a new Beazer home.
With these special savings and an array of collections, styles, and finishes from which to choose, you’re sure to find the perfect piece to dress your new home. Be it a bedroom suite or new dining furniture, the professionals at your local Thomasville showroom are there to help. Please see a New Home Counselor for participating Beazer communities and complete offer details.
*Pricing, features and availability subject to change without notice. See New
Home Counselor for complete details. Purchase a Beazer home by February 15th, 2015 and receive a mail-in rebate equal to 10% off the purchase price of Thomasville branded furniture products when you spend $1,200 or more not including tax or shipping charges. Maximum rebate allowed is $5,000. This rebate cannot be combined with any other offer and is good only on full priced Thomasville furniture products purchased in a single order on any single calendar day. Offer is valid through June 30, 2015. This offer is only valid for purchases made at participating Thomasville furniture stores in the United States by U.S. legal residents residing in the 50 states and the District of Columbia aged 18 and over. Rebate offer is not valid on the purchase of a gift card and cannot be used as payment towards a balance on Thomasville credit cards. Limit one rebate per person and per household. Merchandise returned prior to the processing of the rebate will not be eligible for the rebate. Any merchandise returned after the processing of the rebate will be subject to the deduction of the rebate amount. Fulfillment of the conditions and obligations of this rebate agreement is the sole responsibility of Thomasville/HHG.
Enjoy a new year in a brand new home! Now is your chance to make your dream home a reality in 2015 during the Beazer Homes Welcome Home sales event. From February 1-15 we’re offering special savings in cities across Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
Not only can you take advantage of special offers for a limited time, but Beazer home’s always include Choice Plans so that you can pick the floor plan options to fit your lifestyle at no additional cost, energy efficiencies that allow you to conserve energy and cut utility costs, and Mortgage Choices that help you to shop for the right loan to meet your needs.
Visit our website for complete details on brand new homes near you, and to learn how you can take advantage of all that Beazer has to offer during the Welcome Home sales event. If that’s not enough, we’re rewarding one lucky winner who spreads the word about the event. Simply tag a friend who may be in the market for a new home in the comments of this Facebook post and you’ll both be entered to win.
Say “Welcome Home” to your dream home this February!
CONTEST RULES AND ELIGIBILITY:
• Submission must be completed tagging a friend in the comments section of the Welcome Home Sales Event Giveaway post on Facebook. Entries without a hyperlinked tagged name will not be considered.
• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
• Entrée’s must be received between 2/1/2015 -2/14/2015.
• Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
• Entrants must have a valid Facebook account at time of entry, and be at least 18 years of age.
• Entrants may not be employees, agents, or officers of Beazer Homes or its affiliates or subsidiaries, or be immediate family members or persons living in the same household as any of the persons identified above.
• Winner’s names will be announced on the Beazer Homes Facebook page once prizes are claimed.
• Beazer Homes will contact and verify the winners by replying on the winners entries.
• Winners will each receive a VIZIO 42” LED ENERGY STAR ® Certified Smart HDTV to the mailing addresses provided.
• Only the prizes specified above will be awarded. Any applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
• By participating in this Giveaway, entrants agree to release any and all claims against Beazer and all related parties for any and all liability whatsoever arising from participation in the Giveaway.
• All issues and questions concerning the Giveaway and the enforceability of these Rules and Eligibility, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Beazer in connection with this Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles.
• Any disputes arising under the aforementioned criteria will be resolved by Beazer Homes in its sole discretion.
Beazer Homes, 1000 Abernathy Road, Suite 260, Atlanta, Georgia 30328.
Congratulations, there’s a baby on the way! Now that you’re expecting, it’s time to get prepared for your little bundle of joy. One important step is to ensure your home will be safe before the baby arrives because they’ll be moving around before you know it.
Baby proofing your home involves removing all potential dangers your baby may encounter. When it comes to getting your new Beazer home ready for baby, some steps are more difficult than others. Be sure you are prepared now so that you can relax once the baby arrives.
Importance of Baby Proofing Your New Home
You will be amazed at how much danger your baby is exposed to while in the comfort of your own home. The key to baby proofing is to make sure your baby is safe. However, oftentimes we don’t take into account that baby proofing your home also helps to ensure your baby is comfortable, and able to move around the house without having any accidents. As a parent, you will have peace of mind knowing your home is safe for your baby.
Important Areas To Consider When Baby Proofing
- Bathroom: The best way to baby proof your bathroom would be to consistently keep the bathroom door closed. However, this may not always be possible as sometimes you are bound to forget. Therefore, take extra precautions by installing safety locks on all toilet lids to ensure that even if your precious baby finds a way into the bathroom he/she will not be able to access the toilet.
- Electricity: Babies are naturally very curious and so it is not uncommon to find them poking their little fingers into electrical outlets. To prevent your baby from having a serious accident with electricity, cover all of your new home’s outlets.
- Doors: Once your little one grows tall enough to reach the door knob and walk around on their own it becomes harder to keep an eye on them. Be sure to put child proof covers over your new home’s door knobs so that your baby can’t escape into other rooms, or worse, go outside alone.
- Glass: Your baby will love to crawl throughout the house, touching items along the way. Be sure all glass and ceramic knickknacks are displayed on shelves located high up, out of your baby’s reach.
The prospect of finding a new home is exciting, but the house hunting task should be approached with some degree of preparation. Before you begin the search for the perfect property, take the time to define what it is you want in a home. Here are some suggestions that will help to give your vision a little clarity, and ensure you use your time efficiently, only considering properties that are really a good fit for your needs.
One of the first points to address is what part of town you would like to call home. Think about which neighborhoods would provide the range of features that you like. Maybe that means being close to your favorite restaurants and shopping. Or, would it be nice to live close enough to work that you can avoid the nightmare of rush hour traffic? Perhaps you want the new home to be located within a certain school district or even close enough to the school so that your children can walk with ease.
Size and Layout
Before you start house hunting, consider your family’s needs in terms of square footage for common areas like the living room, den, kitchen, and dining room. These areas of your new home will likely be the main gathering places for the family, therefore it makes sense to ensure they are large enough for everyone and your furniture.
The general layout also matters. Perhaps you prefer an open floor plan with fewer walls making rooms feel larger. Consider how many bedrooms it would take for every family member to be comfortable. Do you need a guest room or in-law suite? Or maybe a loft? With Beazer’s Choice Plans you can personalize the kitchen, master-bath, and secondary areas based on how you want to live in them, for free!
Also think about the number of levels that will be best for you in the present and the future. If you’re an empty-nester looking to retire and live the rest of your life in your new dream home, you may want a house that is all one level. If it’s important for you that the living spaces be on the first floor, and the bedrooms on the second, make note of that for your home hunting checklist.
Not all of your concerns focus on what is happening inside the home. Take the time to consider what you would like in terms of the yard. Perhaps you like the idea of a smaller front yard that is mainly ornamental, and easy to keep up. At the same time, you may want a larger back yard that has plenty of room for your kids and pets to play. If outdoor living is something that is important to you, be sure you’re hunting for houses that include a porch or a deck. Some homes even offer outdoor fireplaces or kitchens.
A new home is a major investment. Take your time house hunting and decide exactly what you want in terms of location, size, and layout. With some patience and planning, your next home can be your dream home! Read reviews by Beazer homeowners who did just that. Then, start the house hunting process on our website.
It’s a new year, and that means new homes for Beazer. We want to know which Pinehurst home exterior you like best in our Glouchester County, New Jersey Reserve at Woolwich community. Tell us on this Facebook post and you’ll be entered to win.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Contest is for Facebook comments made on this New Jersey New Year post between 1/20/15 and 1/27/15. Limit one entry per household. Prize consists of one $25 Visa gift card randomly selected. Winnings cannot be redeemed for cash. Beazer Homes reserves the right to substitute item of comparable value. Additional restrictions may apply. See a New Home Counselor for complete details. Prizes must be claimed at the Reserve at Woolwich no later than 2/28/2015. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
As home design modernizes and stainless appliances and granite counter tops gain popularity, it’s important to understand how to properly care for these kitchen upgrades as they take a little more tender loving care then your standard kitchen appliances and counters.
Cleaning Stainless Steel Surfaces
Stainless steel can begin to look unsightly with streaks and finger prints if not cleaned. Bringing them back to life, however, is a little trickier than you may think. These simple steps will keep these shiny, silver appliances looking new:
1) You will need the following supplies on hand:
• Liquid dish detergent
• Several microfiber cloths
• Mineral oil or baby oil
2) Just like a piece of lumber, stainless steel has a grain in it. Find the grain and with cleaning solution applied to a microfiber cloth begin rubbing the surface of the stainless steel in the direction of the grain allowing for the cleaning solution to soak into the grain and remove dirty deposits.
3) Once you have thoroughly cleaned the surfaces of your stainless steel the next step is to apply a thin coat of oil. Mineral oil or baby oil works fine. Don’t be tempted to buy expensive, commercial cans of stainless steel cleaners. Again, find the grain of the surface and using a microfiber cloth, begin rubbing in the oil along the grain. Once completed you should have a clean factory finish.
Caring for Granite Surfaces
While granite is one of the densest and hardest of stone surfaces, great care still needs to be taken to ensure that it lasts for years to come. Because granite is a stone, it is still somewhat porous and not impervious to staining and absorption. Keep this in mind before you start the cleaning process. First, test the surface with a drop of water. If liquid does not bead up, your granite may need to be sealed to keep it from absorbing liquid cleaners. This should be done once per year. Here are some tips on protecting your granite surface:
• Don’t use acidic, citrus-based cleaners, vinegar, or ammonia
• Avoid scouring compounds as they will scratch the surface
• Use trivets when sitting hot pots and pans down to avoid surface discoloration
• Use a mixture of baking soda and a small amount of water to try and lift mild stains
To avoid having to do an extensive cleaning on your granite services, the best way to keep your counters clean regularly is to wipe them down with mild dish detergent and water using a soft microfiber cloth. And, whenever you have a spill, clean it up quickly. Trying to use a variety of cleaning products overtime may cause more harm than good.
One of the many exciting steps in your home building process with Beazer Homes is your appointment with the design team. This is where you will have the opportunity to select the type of appliances, counter surfaces, fixtures, and more that will be incorporated into your brand new home. For more information on Beazer’s five simple steps that will lead you to your dream home please visit our website.
A blank loft space adds a variety of extra room possibilities in your new home. Don’t let the valuable living space that a loft provides go to waste without having a designated purpose. With a bit of brainstorming and some revamping, you can have a space ready for you and your family to use, enjoy, and create memories in. Here are just a few of the many possibilities for transforming your loft into the perfect living space:
• An adult game room is the perfect place for gathering with family and friends. You can make your loft space a grown up play area. Bring in a pool table and add a large screen television with the latest video gaming equipment. A dartboard is an easy addition, and can be played with fewer participants, allowing you to have fun in your loft even when you don’t have visitors. Consider adding a small bar for convenience to refreshments.
• If you have younger children, a playroom is a good place to organize all their toys in one location. You can make your loft colorful and educational. As the kids grow, so can your space. Over the years transform your loft into a study or lounge area for your kids to utilize.
• A teen lounge is great if you have teens or pre-teens in the house. Your homes loft space becomes theirs to gather with friends, perfect for sleepovers, hanging out on the weekends, and to use as a study on weekdays.
• If you love being creative, transforming your loft into a craft room is a great choice. With some well-designed shelving and plenty of table space, you will have all the room you need to spread out and conquer those do-it-yourself projects you’ve always wanted to complete.
• Guys like to have their own space to kick back with friends. Making a man cave out of your new homes loft space is a great solution. That room becomes his to do with what he pleases. It gives the man of the house a place to call all-his-own, watch sports, play cards with his buddies, and more.
• If you work from home or need an extra space for working on various projects turn your loft into a home office. Add a desk, some filing cabinets, a computer, and office supplies to turn your new homes loft into a dedicated space for working, paying bills, writing your dream novel, or playing PC games.
• A home theater can make that empty loft space into a place for family, friends, and the greatest movies ever made. Add some comfortable theater seating, a refreshment bar, a popcorn machine, and a state-of-the-art sound system to enjoy a good flick at home any day of the week.
• A loft is the perfect space for the home gym you’ve always wanted. Set-up a weight bench in one corner, and an elliptical machine in the other. Add a television or stereo system for entertainment and start shedding those pounds.
With these endless possibilities in mind, turn your new homes loft space in to one you can enjoy for years to come. Tell us how you’ve transformed your loft space on Twitter and Facebook page. Looking for a new home with a loft? Learn more about how Beazer Homes gives you the options to allow your new homes floor plan to match the way you live with our Choice Plans differentiator.