If you’ve been thinking about building a new home in Phoenix, AZ or New Jersey now is definitely the time to act. This weekend you can join us for the official grand opening celebration of our newest communities: Artesa in Phoenix, AZ and the Estates at Devonshire in Mullica Hill, NJ. Make sure to read on for event and community details.
Artesa Community Opening Near Phoenix, AZ:
You’re invited to join us Saturday, March 8th at 11:00 AM to tour our beautiful new model home and learn more about this exceptional community located at the base of South Mountain with easy access to I-10. The homes in Beazer’s Artesa community will offer 3-7 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and start at $222,900. Our grand opening celebration will offer something for everyone: fun in the community’s own park, face painting, a balloon twister, and goodies from taco and ice cream trucks.
Stop by Beazer Homes’ newest New Jersey community on Saturday, March 8 and Sunday, March 9th for the grand opening of the Estates at Devonshire. We’ll have representatives on hand all day to tell you more about these soon-to-be 4 and 5 bedroom homes featuring brand new designs, two-story ceilings and oversized gourmet kitchens. Homes in this picturesque neighborhood start in the 300s and are just minutes away from historic Mullica Hill and a short drive from Philadelphia, PA.
New Orlando, Florida Homes Coming Soon:
Windermere Trails in Orlando, Florida- Opening March 15th
Orchard Hills in Orlando, Florida- Opening March 15th
Reserve at Sawgrass in Orlando, Florida- Opening March 15th
Stay tuned to our blog and social channels like Facebook and Twitter for the latest event information and community news. We hope to see you soon!
We thought we would share some nice remarks new Beazer homeowners in Charleston, SC were kind enough to relay to our sales team this week. We strive to provide an outstanding experience to each homeowner in every division. We appreciate all feedback, good and bad, for helping us improve our service and the homes we construct.
You can view more Beazer Homes testimonials from real Beazer homebuyers by visiting our Guild Quality profile.
Did you know the square footage of the average American single family home rose by almost 50 ft last year? While 50 ft. may not seem like much, we think it’s a good indicator of homebuyers’ rising expectations to get exactly what they want out of their new home floor plan options.
Whether it’s a double vanity, an open kitchen, or a media room you’re after, Beazer Homes is excited to introduce Choice Plans to new homebuyers. Choice Plans are a selection of the most popular design and structural options for living, bath and secondary spaces that allow homeowners to decide exactly how they want to live in their new space. Unlike other design options that most builders charge a la carte, Choice Plans are offered to Beazer homebuyers on select models at no additional cost.
Depending on the floor plan that you select, your new home counselor can inform you of all of the Choice Plan features available for that particular plan. If you’re a couple that likes to entertain, the Choice Plan Entertainers’ kitchen with large, central island may be just what you’re after. If you’re a family with energetic tweens, an upstairs rec room could hold the key to a peaceful living environment.
Make sure to stay tuned to our blog and Facebook fan page as we introduce more Choice Plans to our nationwide inventory. You can view floor plan options in the Beazer communities near you and learn more about the benefits of building a new home by visiting our website.
If the crazy winter weather has you dreaming of some place warm for your next home, be sure to check out new homes in Tampa, FL in Beazer Homes’ newest community: Village at Park Place. We’re hosting the official Grand Opening Event this weekend on Saturday, February 22nd and Sunday, February 23rd from 11am-4pm. Our brand new designer-decorated model will be open for tours and we’ll have fun for everyone with food truck refreshments.
Our knowledgeable sales staff will be on location to help you discover how one of these low-maintenance 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom town homes with garage could be yours. Village at Park Place not only features all of the benefits of a new Beazer home with more personalization, energy efficiency, and mortgage choices, but it also offers shops and restaurants within walking distance. This picturesque community is also only a few minutes’ drive from the Gulf.
We hope to see you this weekend. Come learn how the Village at Park Place is the perfect place to get away or enjoy all that Tampa has to offer year round. To learn more about the specific plans available in this new development, visit or community page or contact one of our New Home Information Managers at (813) 299-3822 today!
Valentine’s Day is almost here. If you’re scrambling for the perfect gift then you’ll be happy to know that our Get More Sales Event lasts through Sunday, February 16th. Were you hoping for something a little more touchy feely? Okay, in that case you’ll probably like to know that the Wall Street Journal just published a Realtor.com survey that answers the age-old question, what makes us love a home? They’ve looked beyond just budget, location, and checking all the necessity boxes to find out what home features really make us tick. You may be surprised that the answer really depends on gender. Of the 1,082 homeowners surveyed from January 9th-20th of this year, 69% admitted to having had a home crush. 39% of the women surveyed were trying to date out of their league; that is, they loved a home they knew was outside of their price range.
Also according to the survey, 43% of women said it was an open floor plan option that made them fall in love with a particular house while 40% of men said it was their home’s garage that sealed the deal. No matter which of these items is on your dream home wish list, finding the right home is an emotional process. To help avoid homesearch heartbreak, Leslie Piper, Realtor.com’s Consumer Housing Specialist offered the following tips:
Tips to Avoid Home Search Heartache:
- Keep your options open. Do shop around in several of the communities close to your desired location to give yourself choices.
- Maintain realistic expectations. Do your research and know what your housing budget can and cannot get you.
- Have an open mind. Identify a short list of non-negotiables in your new home. If a home or home plan ticks all of these boxes then it may be worth a second look.
Were there other factors that led you to decide that your home was the one? Make sure to tell us what those features were below in the comments.
You’re a new home owner and the big game is this weekend. Think you don’t have time to put together an awesome big game party at home? Think again. Your entertainment is already built in with an awesome halftime show, world class commercials, and oh yeah, a football game; your guests will not be bored.
To add to the excitement all you need is a few carefully chosen tailgate foods and some comfy seating. All Beazer homes are built with entertainment and comfortable living in mind, so our generous living areas and proportionate kitchens can be the perfect hub for your 2/2 party. Here are a few ideas to help take the stress out of entertaining on big game Sunday:
- Plan your menu ahead of time. Stock up on the non-perishables and order party platters early from area delis so they don’t run out before you get your order. Planning ahead will also minimize the need for those frantic last-minute trips before your guests arrive. Utilize slow cooker recipes, finger foods, and easy dips so you can fix things the night before and just place them out when ready.
- Turn your thermostat down a few degrees before the crowd arrives. Energy efficient new homes are excellent for keeping the heat in and the cold out. However, with the addition of 15 or so warm bodies in your living area it might get toasty. Prep for the crowd by bumping your thermostat down a few degrees.
- Buy extra cleaning supplies. When you make your food run make sure to grab a box of large garbage bags and a few rolls of paper towels. Having these supplies easily available during the party will lessen the likelihood of having a huge mess to clean up afterward.
Do you regularly host a big game party? Feel free to comment with any tips we might have missed below. Also, check out our Pinterest party planning boards for some big game décor ideas. If you’re hosting this year’s bash in your Beazer Home make sure to post your pictures on Facebook and tag Beazer Homes for a chance to be featured on our fan page.
We’re ramping up for an exciting sales season here at Beazer Homes. In addition to the exceptional benefits every home we build provides, select Beazer divisions are also offering special incentives for new home buyer savings during our Get More Sales event February 1st- February 16th, 2014. So if you’re in the market for a new home, make sure to check out our find a community page to contact a local Beazer representative and find the perfect place to build your dream home.
Reasons to Buy a New Home in February from Beazer Homes:
Energy Efficiency: Every single Beazer home that we build meets or exceeds the most recent ENERGY STAR® certification standards. We offer the unique value proposition of bringing in an independent RESNET Home Energy Rater to determine the HERS score for every new house we construct. This give homebuyers the opportunity to see exactly how much more efficient their new Beazer home will be in comparison to other new and existing houses.
Mortgage Choices: We support our buyers having a choice when it comes to finding a mortgage for their new home. We offer buyers a list of preferred lenders in their area that are selected for their competitive rates and superior customer service. These lenders do not pay us in any way to be included, instead we monitor their performance regularly to make sure our high standards are met. We believe that the buyer benefits from increased competition, resulting in a much happier home buyer in all aspects.
More Design and Personalization Options: We have done the research and compiled the most utilized floorplan options. Based on that knowledge, we’ve package the most popular design and structural options for living areas such as the kitchen, master bathroom and secondary spaces – and we call this our Choice Plans. Beazer homeowners can select from these options based on the way they want to live in their home. The best part, unlike other builders who charge for upgrades a’ la carte, Beazer offers Choice Plans at no additional cost to the buyer.
We want homeowners to get more during every step of the homebuilding process. Find your community of choice on our website and fill out the “Request Information” tab before February 16th to learn more about the additional benefit of buying new with Beazer during our Get More Event. Stay tuned to the events and specials section of our blog for the latest homebuilding news and offers.
By Todd Roy
Green design in the housing market isn’t just a trend – its mainstream. Today’s homeowners are not only recognizing the inherent benefits of energy efficient options, but demanding products like energy efficient lighting design that meet these standards in the home.
The LED revolution
Once seen as an expensive and unattractive source, LED lighting has transformed into a viable lighting solution that provides long-term energy savings and aesthetically pleasing light output.
- Energy savings: LED sources incur lower energy costs.
- Aging-in-place value: LEDs are gentle on aging eyes, while a long fixture lifetime means less maintenance over the years.
- Improved color temperature: Advancements in color temperature and light output create a comfortable and welcoming environment.
Impact on Lighting Design
Homeowners, builders and manufacturers cannot ignore the benefits of LED technology. Manufacturers like Progress Lighting have evolved to meet these needs by introducing LED products that provide the following benefits:
- Add beneficial task lighting, such as Progress Lighting’s LED undercabinet series, ideal for kitchen workspaces.
- Provide a wide distribution of light. The LED Path Light features a highly efficient LED source for lighting walkways.
CFLs: The new normal
With changes in government regulations and improvements in lighting technology, CFLs are a popular, cost-effective and efficient option among homeowners.
Like LEDs, CFL sources reduce maintenance and use less energy than traditional sources.Impact on Lighting Design
The color consistency or spiral shape of CFLs may deter consumers; However, Progress Lighting designers have addressed these issues by:
- Offering CFLs with comparable color to traditional sources.
- Designing fixtures specifically for CFL sources. For example:
- The Haven mini-pendant features stonehenge glass to conceal its CFL source, while providing beneficial task lighting. Its rectilinear shape complements today’s streamlined home furnishings.
- The Savannah chandelier provides elegant details for traditional interiors and includes 13-watt CFLs disguised by antique alabaster glass.
About Todd Roy: Todd Roy serves as the Director of Builder Sales and Marketing for Progress Lighting. With more than 20 years of experience in the residential and commercial lighting industries, Roy’s knowledge of the homebuilding industry has helped Progress Lighting become the leading lighting company within the homebuilding market.
Have you embarked on the new home building process? If so, congratulations! We’ve used our homebuilding experience to formulate the following tips for choosing a new home floor plan. There are a lot of decisions to be made at the beginning of buying a new home, but with a little thought and the insight of professionals, it can be an easy process.
- Tour model homes. The best way to know if features or a particular layout will work for you is to see it in person. Tour a model home to see if features you prefer work in real life like they do on paper. Make notes of what you do and don’t like so your New Home Counselor (NHC) can formulate appropriate solutions for your new home.
- Think about long term livability. How many bedrooms and bathrooms will you need for future children, guests and any family that might come to live with you? Consider how much you like to entertain, and how your furniture may fit into the space. Overall try to really envision yourself living in that home in 5-7 years.
- Put the extra space where you need it. Explore structural and design options like Beazer Homes’ Choice Plans to put the space where you need it and avoid the need (and expense) of a remodel. Thinking about how a specific floorplan works for your overall lifestyle will greatly reduce any headaches down the road when you wish you had that extra bedroom or patio area.
- Pick finishes and structural options that you like. What’s trendy now will not necessarily be the latest thing in a few years. Pick finishes and features that you like and are durable for you since you’re the one who will be living in the home. Use the expertise of the Design Center Coordinator to help you make decisions. They’ve been through this with hundreds of homeowners and really want you to be satisfied with the overall design and look of your home.
Check out our previous blog post to learn more about finding a new Beazer home. While every experience is different, following these tips and beginning the process with a good idea of the big things can help minimize headaches and maximize your experience. Have you built a home before and have tips for first timers? Comment below with any advice. What was your favorite thing to pick out at the Design Studio?
We’re excited to announce the opening of a brand new community of new homes in Las Vegas, NV. The Dorado Skies community will feature Beazer Homes’ new Choice Plan options and master-planned amenities. These unique factors will provide a diverse selection of home plans to fit your lifestyle whether you’re a first-time homebuyer, looking for a bigger place, or downsizing.
Join the Dorado Skies sales team on Saturday, January 25th at 11 am to learn more about what is sure to be a popular place to live. The event will feature 5 NEW model homes you can tour as well as sweet treats, warm specialty coffees, and hot chocolate from the Grouchy John coffee trailer. Like Beazer Homes other communities across the nation, Dorado Skies will feature ENERGY STAR® certified single family homes. These new homes in Las Vegas will start at $213,990. We look forward to seeing you there!