Ready to go green for spring? See below for tips (and a handy infogrpahic) from the team at Inhabitat.com to help reduce your environmental footprint! Which ones will you tackle this year?
1. Use energy-efficient cookware: Glass, silicone and ceramic dishes are the most energy efficient dishes to use in the oven and can reduce the cooking temperature required.
2. Clear the air with eco scents: Instead of chemicals and synthetic fragrances, opt for 100% essential oils and non-aerosol scents.
3. Open the blinds: 10% of energy can be saved on heating when you open the blinds during the day to let the sunlight in.
4. Throw a party: Invite friends over during the Winter. Each person can generate the same amount of warmth as a 100-watt heater.
5. Clean with vinegar: It’s a natural way to kill bacteria, germs and mold.
6. Shave smart: Use a cup of warm water to rinse your razor rather than the tap.
7. Wash with cold water: 85%-90% of energy goes into heating water when washing clothes. Try washing with cold water instead.
Click HERE to view this original article.