Guest post by Progress Lighting
Wondering which fads will emerge and stick around this year when it comes to home design? You can expect to see trends that correlate with a variety of styles, and something for everyone to embrace in their own home. As Trulia states, “The emphasis on individualism is resulting in the rise of trends that are anything but traditional.” Let’s take a look at some of the popular themes for 2017!
1. Texture: Incorporating different materials in your furnishings and accessories is encouraged and adds depth to your design! Consider this when picking out new rugs, draperies and chairs.
2. Mixed whites: A white-based color palette continues to dominate kitchen and home design as we carry into the new year. Don’t be afraid to mix white hues as you bring in different elements to complete a room.
3. Marble: Marble surfaces are continuing to grow in popularity as a favored material for floors, countertops and decorative items. This clean, natural white look gives off a soothing vibe that you’ll easily come to appreciate.
4. Greenery: Look for a way to incorporate the Pantone 2017 Color of the Year into your home, even if it is a small plant or choosing curtains, throw pillows and wall art that brings the color into different spaces!
5. Subway Tile: If you’re looking for a budget-friendly backsplash, look no further than subway tile! Consider enriching your kitchen with this classic, fun and simple design.
6. Built-In Bars: These are especially popular, and a wonderful use of extra wall space in your dining or living room. Plus, they add a small entertaining nook for your guests!
See more new home design trends and lighting tips from our friends at Progress Lighting.