After many months of careful design and testing, Beazer Homes is excited to launch a brand new website. We hope you’ll find the new design and sleek interface a helpful tool in finding your new dream home! Below is a list of features that you’ll find helpful in your new home search. We welcome your feedback. Please use the website feedback link in the footer of the page to let us know what you think.
- Locate new homes and communities in your area
- See estimated monthly utility costs for your new, energy efficient home
- Community information and features at-a-glance
- Enhanced picture gallery of homes
- View detailed floor plans
- Preferred lenders (Mortgage Choices) by community
- Included features of inventory homes
- Learn more about Choice Plans and design personalization at no additional cost
Thank you to all of the Beazer homeowners who entered our Green Saver Rewards Giveaway. We’re happy to hear about homeowners enjoying their ENERGY STAR® certified Beazer Homes and the utility savings they provide. Stay tuned to the Beazer blog for more energy saving tips to keep your home comfortable and save on energy expenses this spring and summer.
These lucky homeowners will enjoy having their submitted utility bills paid by Beazer. If you didn’t win this time, don’t fret, we’ll have more contest opportunities for you in the future. Wishing you all a cool, fun Memorial Day weekend!
Please click here to view the full contest rules and details.
• Louis Aguila, Orlando
• Tricia Andrew, Indianapolis
• Patrick Andrews, Raleigh
• Christine Bolton, Indianapolis
• Judy Cannon, Maryland
• Bharat Chovatiya, Virginia/ DC
• Dana Servaes Cochran, Indianapolis
• Antonette Dimetro, Raleigh
• Lisa Gentile, Indianapolis
• Stanley Hagenhoff, Virginia/ DC
• Lucille Kenefick, Charleston
• Kelly Knight, Nashville
• Elizabeth Mavis, Tampa
• Mathew McKendree, Nashville
• Rebekah Noah, Charleston
• Karen Shepard, Las Vegas
• Jeffrey Smith, Virginia/ DC
• Tim Sullivan, Indianapolis
• Marc Suty, Dallas
• Marek Szapiel, Charleston
Spring has arrived and so has prime weather to get out and come see one of our brand new homes in the Maryland, Virginia and D.C. areas. Beazer is excited to host the grand opening celebrations of three distinct communities this month: Ellicott Mills Villas, Springs at Lenah, and Woodlake. Read on for event details. Be sure to stay tuned to the Beazer Homes’ Facebook and Google + for the most up-to-date community opening information. Hope to see you this month!
Woodlake in Silver Spring, MD: Saturday, May 17th at 11:00 AM.
Come take a tour of our brand new model, enjoy event-only prizes and incentives and see for yourself why this new townhome community is the perfect place to call home. Woodlake has easy access to the ICC, Route 29, 1-95 and is convenient to area shops and dining.
Springs at Lenah in Aldie, VA: Saturday, May 31st and Sunday June 1st.
You’re invited to come tour our brand new Manchester model home and learn more about the three other plans being offered in this community. Each of the single family homes planned for this community will feature spacious home sites from 1/3-1/2 of an acre along with a 2-3 car garage with the option for a 3rd or 4th car extension.
Gatherings at Ellicott Mills-Villas in Ellicott City, MD: Saturday, June 7th at 11:00 AM.
Join us for a tour of the brand new Willow model townhome featuring 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and a 2 car garage. Event attendees will also get to take advantage of sales incentives only available the weekend of the Grand Opening.
We received the following review on our Beazer Homes reviews page over the weekend and thought we would share. While it’s always nice to receive a compliment, we appreciate all the feedback our homeowners give us. Hearing what we’re doing right, along with what we may need to improve helps make us better all around.
Building a new home has many more advantages than buying a used one: personalization, quality control, maintenance, and energy efficiencies to mention a few. But one perk that homebuyers frequently don’t consider is home insurance savings.
The cost of home insurance can play a big role in calculating the total monthly payment for a home and the decision to build or buy. New homes typically qualify for lower premiums and more discounts. Considering that many lenders escrow home insurance as part of your mortgage, lower premiums can make your monthly payment more palatable.
Here are some ways new homes can help with home insurance costs:
Start at the top
A new roof greatly decreases the potential for major damage. Leaky roofs are the leading cause of home wind and water damages in the U.S., according to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety. The damage for a single incident can add up to more than $6,000.
New roofs typically are more resilient and impact resistant, and insurance providers consider them to be a much lower risk for filing wind and water claims. The reward: owners of new homes can get preferred policies that come with lower monthly premiums. How much lower? That depends on other factors such as location, proximity to a fire station, and other factors about the house.
If you want to save even more, look for roof materials such as metal or concrete tile with an Underwriters Lab impact resistant rating of class UL 3 or higher. Some carriers offer insurance credits for roofs with these materials.
The wiring counts
From 2007-2011, electrical malfunction caused 50,000 fires and about $1.5 million worth of damage, according to the National Fire Protection Association. To encourage homeowners to invest in new wiring, insurance carriers typically offer savings of up to 10%. New wiring presents an automatic benefit of new homes over resale homes.
Why new plumbing matters
New pipes that haven’t had a chance to get clogged are some of the most underrated advantages of a new home. Your home’s plumbing can either help or hurt you. Plumbing failures are the leading cause of home water losses, with the average claim costing $5,000, according to the Institute of Business and Home Safety. Newer homes have the benefit of updated plumbing, which can significantly reduce the potential for malfunction and earn preferred policies and lower premiums.
Heating and cooling matters
The HVAC system in your home can help determine how much you pay for your utilities and insurance premiums. Insurers must deal with nearly $5.8 billion in fire damage caused by heating equipment each year, according to the National Fire Protection Agency. A good heating and cooling system also eliminates moisture that can lead to mold and other problems. Houses with new systems can mean savings on utilities and insurance.
Safer from fire and intruders
New homes also can have built-in features such as sprinklers, smoke detectors, or security systems. All three features – even on resale homes – can help minimize the risks assumed by insurance carriers and therefore earn homeowners discounts. It stands to reason that having the most modern versions of all this equipment can help make fires or break-ins even less likely. That will reduce the chances of filing expensive claims and help keep premiums lower for years to come.
You probably have many reasons for wanting to build your own home. Now you can add insurance to the list of benefits. So go ahead and trade in your older home for that newer, more cost effective, energy efficient, more personalized build you’ve always dreamed of. Your insurance carrier will help you protect it.
About the Author: Katherine Wood is from St. Louis. She graduated from Davidson College with a bachelor’s in English. Katherine wrote an undergraduate thesis on the works of Shakespeare and attempts to bring the same romance to writing about all things related to homeowners insurance. She writes for the HomeownersInsurance.com blog.
Beazer homeowners help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by purchasing and living in ENERGY STAR certified, energy efficient new homes. We want to thank you for your help in protecting the environment by giving you the chance for Beazer to PAY YOUR UTILITY BILL. It’s very easy to enter:
- Email your gas and/or electric bill for the March 2014 billing period to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the body of the email, include the name of the Beazer community you live in
- Include in the subject line — GREEN SAVER
All entries must be sent on or before 11:59pm May 12th, 2014 to be considered. Beazer will draw 20 random bills and pay their balance (up to $250 per bill). Please be advised that only current Beazer homeowners may enter and proof of home ownership will be required to collect your prize. Please review the official rules below for complete entry and selection details.
If you haven’t already, make sure to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter for energy saving tips and contest updates.
Green Saver Rewards Social Giveaway Official Rules
- Beazer Homes will draw from timely received entries 20 random bills and the corresponding entrants, upon eligibility verification, will have their submitted bill paid up to $250.
- Beazer Homes will notify the winners via email with formal instructions on how to claim their prize. Beazer homes will post a winners’ list/ announcement on their blog and social channels following email notification to all winners.
April 22nd-May 12th: Beazer homeowner may enter the contest by emailing March gas and/or electric bill for their Beazer home as well as the name of the Beazer community in which they live, to Internet_marketing@beazer.com.
May 12th-May 14th: Beazer will evaluate all applicants for eligibility and randomly select 20 winning bills to be paid by the Company. Green Saver Rewards winners will be notified by Beazer Homes via email.
May 22nd: A public announcement of the winners will be made on the b.com blog and Beazer social channels.
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD.
- Entries must be received between April 22nd and May 12th. “Receipt” shall be deemed to have occurred when Beazer’s servers record receipt of the email.
- Odds of winning depend on the actual number of entries received.
- Entrants must have a valid email address at time of entry, be at least 18 years of age, and be current Beazer homeowners. Proof of ownership will be verified through the applicable publicly accessible governmental database.
- Submission must be completed via email as described in instructions.
- Submitted bill must be for a full monthly billing cycle and must include the majority of the days for March 2014.
- By participating in the Green Saver Rewards Social Giveaway, you hereby agree to Sponsor’s collection and usage, for marketing purposes, of the personal information you provide, including your submitted bill (with all personally identifying information removed).
- Entrants may not be employees of Beazer Homes or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or officers, or immediate family members or persons living in the same household as any of the persons identified above.
- Winners will receive their prizes in the form of a check from Beazer Homes to be issued no later than Friday, May 23rd.
- Only the prizes specified above will be awarded. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are sole responsibility of winners.
- By participating in this Giveaway, entrants agree to release any and all claims against Beazer and all related parties from any and all liability whatsoever arising from participation in the Giveaway.
- All issues and questions concerning the Giveaway and the enforceability of these Rules and Eligibility, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Beazer in connection with this Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles.
- Beazer’s decision on eligibility and winners is final.
- Beazer Homes, 1000 Abernathy Road, Suite 260, Atlanta, Georgia 30328.
Even if you haven’t purchased your own place this scenario probably sounds familiar if you’ve ever been part of new home design: You’re standing in front of an endless array of paint swatches in your local home improvement store with your favorite color in mind, but no idea whether it’s fit for your walls and decor. A polite sales associate comes to ask whether you need help. You pause and widen your eyes at the rainbow of color selections and look up tentatively.
This is a paint puzzle friends, but it’s something you can make easier with a little preparation. Beazer Homes joined our industry partner, Sherwin Williams, for a National Painting Week Twitter chat with designer Jeff Andrews to get tips for homeowners to minimize this confusion. Below are the takeaways; you can read on for more detail from our conversation. Beazer also makes sure that our knowledgeable team of design consults is available to answer questions for buyers during their new home design meeting when finishes and paint colors are selected.
The Takeaway: There is no right or wrong when it comes to selecting a paint color. Go with what you like; you’re the one who is going to have to live in the home.
The Takeaway: Not sure what your individual style is or what colors you prefer? Select a light, warm neautral that will blend with a variety of other color palettes and furnishings that you collect.
You’re officially invited to the ribbon cutting ceremony for new model homes in the Houston community of Highland Crossing. Join us Thursday, April 24th at 10:30 AM-12:30 PM at 1302 Ownby Court Pearland, TX 77581. If you’re a real estate agent in the Houston, TX area interested in selling new homes make sure to join us for this wonderful event.
Newly constructed and professionally decorated, these new models perfectly showcase all that this family-friendly community with homes from $218,990 has to offer your clients. You can tour our new models, enjoy lunch, and speak with Beazer team members to learn more about the Choice Plans in this community that are designed to save your clients money. You can also spend the afternoon getting to know Pearland Chamber of Commerce members also in attendance.
Beazer Homes is the proud recipient of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s 2014 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award. Selected from more than 16,000 organizations that participate in the ENERGY STAR program, Beazer is being recognized for our outstanding contribution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions through building ENERGY STAR certified new homes.
Building ENERGY STAR Certified homes since 2011, every home we build comes with energy efficiencies that lead to significant savings for buyers in the form of lower utility bills. Be sure to check out the video below to view some of the energy efficiency new home features available for incorporation into Beazer homes in select divisions. Additionally, each Beazer home is tested by an independent, 3rd party energy rater to calculate HERS score ; the lower the HERS score, the more energy efficient the home. For example, a typical new home built to current code averages a score of around 100 while resale homes typically average higher scores than that. At Beazer our homes receive average ratings in the 50′s and 60′s. Imagine those cost savings!
If you’re looking for a new home mark your calendars and make sure to attend a GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION of our Georgia, Indiana, and Maryland communities in the next few weeks. If you haven’t already, make sure to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest event information. Read on for details of these exciting new communities. We hope to see you there!
Covington in Apex, NC: Saturday, March 22nd at noon. Join us for food, fun, and tours of our newly decorated model home. We’ll also release some of the best home sites yet on cul-de-sac and wooded lots at the event.
Glenhaven in Milton, GA: Saturday, March 22nd from 11:30 am- 6:00 pm. Tour our gorgeous model home and learn how you can put your stamp on one of these 3-5 bedroom homes with Beazer’s Choice Plans for FREE!
Kenneland Park in Westfield, IN: Saturday, March 29th from 12:00 pm- 5:00 pm. Event attendees will be one of the first to tour two new decorated model homes and enjoy live entertainment, refreshments and giveaways. Kenneland Park will feature three to six bedroom, single family homes starting at $220,900.
Jacob’s Forest in Severn, MD: Saturday and Sunday March 29th and 30th beginning at 11:00 am. Grand Opening attendees will have the opportunity to tour our brand new model home and the chance to enjoy food, fun and prizes. These convenient three bedroom townhomes with one-car garages start at $285,990.